vrijdag 21 januari 2011

Samurai Concept Art


THE BEGINNING

This week  we had to make a acient samurai warrior in photoshop, for school.

First I started with the research, I collected several images with samurai warriors, samurai swords, and samurai armor, on it,  so I could  use them as example for drawing.

I also collected some images of poses, for the pose of my samurai warrior.

THUMBNAILING

After I did research I started to make some thumbnails for the pose of my samurai, for that I used a picture.
I started  drawing over the picture with a black  brush  to create a kind of shadow of a man.

then I started sketching within the black thumbnail, with a small white brush, to make construction lines for the armor, and clothing.

COLLOUR 

When i finished with the construction lines I added some color on the different parts  of my samurai warrior.

I started with painting the armor and the clothing, i tried some different colors, to look if it would fit, after i found the right color, i started painting and added some shadows and highlights.



DETAILS

then I got into making details on the clothing and armor, i added some patterns on the clothing and armor, to make the character more intresting, and started with making the head, for the head i  used a traditional japanese , i wanted to make him very creepy so I gave him a sort of demon mask.


i added a working progess of my samurai  with this message so u can see my steps and my progess.  click on the image to see it bigger.





































Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten